It is a problem not only for teenagers. Acne is an ailment that affects people who have already turned 20 r even 30. How to fight it? What do you pay special attention to? There are some hints.
Before we focus on the available solutions, there are a few words about the causes. The knowledge will tell you how to deal with this ailment. Up to a certain point, acne was the “domain” of puberty and related hormonal changes in the body. However, for at least a dozen or so years there has been a significant increase in the number of people over 20 years struggling with this ailment.
The most common causes of acne:
- Hormonal changes (not only during puberty)
- Excessive tallow production (not infrequently due to the above described cause, but not always)
- Long-term and chronic stress
- Eating disorders
- Excessive keratinized epidermis
- Improper skin care
So as you can see, the reasons for this ailment are really different. That is why you will be fighting acne on several levels. And now we are going to deal with them.
Table of content
Acne – change your diet
This is the first piece of advice we have for you. First, the products usually mentioned in the context of “You have acne? Avoid like fire.” will be described. It is a group that aggravates the symptoms of this ailment. But it is worth noting that it does not work that way in every person. Some people, despite their consumption, may not “multiply” their pimples at all. What are these products? Milk and its derivatives, seafood, fast food, sweets (especially chocolate) and salty snacks. It is worth watching out for them.
And what to include in your diet when struggling with acne? The diet should be based on healthy products. A lot of vegetables, lean meat, such as poultry, sea fish is essential. In addition, whole-grain cereal products and legumes are the absolute basis. Another matter is the proportion of specific elements and vitamins that are essential in the fight against acne. As far as the first group is concerned, it is primarily zinc and sulphur. It is advisable to include groats and pumpkin seeds in the menu. Sulphur can be found in vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and radishes. 
As far as vitamins are concerned, acne is the leading force in the fight against acne: A, C and E. The first are mainly orange and red vegetables. Vitamin C is also available in vegetables, but also currants, but other fruits also consist of it. Some B vitamins are also useful. In this case, the legumes mentioned above are a great source of them. They are also present in some vegetables. The menu is ready. What next?
Homemade ways to treat acne
Homemade ways will not let you get rid of this ailment. In fact, almost all of them are used “outdoors” and act on your symptoms. That is pimples. They let you get rid of them, or reduce their intensity, but only temporarily.
The most common home remedies for acne:
- Strawberries – preferably fresh, but frozen will work well in winter. Simply wash the strawberries and then crush them. Apply the pap prepared in this way to your face. After several minutes, wash them off. Why should strawberries help with pimples? They contain sulfates, which reduce them.
- Toothpaste, eee, how is that? Yeah. It is one of the more often recommended quick home remedies for pimples. It appears in the evening (in the most exposed place of course), put toothpaste on it and leave it. How does it work? The toothpaste dries out pimples. Remember not on use this way too often. It helps with various skin changes, not just pimples.
- Cinnamon and honey – be careful with the first ingredient. Cinnamon can have a bad effect on your skin (severe redness, burning), check it out beforehand. Spread this spice in a little water. Apply it to the inner skin of your hand and watch if it becomes bad. If not, this is the way for you. Use honey instead of water. It has a strong antibacterial effect. Cinnamon additionally dries out pimples. – healthline.com
- Yeast, we recommend making a drink of it. It is very simple. 1/3 of the cubes of yeast is dissolved in a glass of warm water. Drink this liquid every day for a month. Your skin (and also your hair) will improve. Yeast is also used in its form, but you can get a different effect than the one you are hoping for. – mayoclinic.org
Acne complexion care
This is another very important aspect of fighting this ailment. First of all, use mild products to wash your face. It is worth trying out a few options to see which one works best for your skin.
Another important issue in skin care for acne is toning and moisturising. There two important things to do. First, use the tonic after you wash your face. It refreshes your skin and regulates the sebaceous glands (to be precise, it narrows them down). Of course, it is recommended to use tonic without alcohol. The latter will also reduce sebum secretion, but by drying the skin. Then the problem will return with double strength.
Another issue is moisturizing the skin. In this case, find a product (for example, a cream) that works best for your skin. It is also worth noting that the above mentioned home remedies (some of them of course) have a moisturizing effect. Don’t forget to exfoliate the epidermis. Instead, use gentle peelings. Don’t do it too often either.
The choice is really huge and you can get lost in the maze of solutions. There are a few important points to be made. An effective product for acne has to act on the causes (preferably comprehensively).
The second issue is the composition and the associated safety. Unfortunately, many products for acne have side effects. Not infrequently serious. Such solutions must be avoided. Choose products based on natural ingredients. This is a certainty of safety and no side effects. If, in addition, such a product can boast of certificates, the better for it. For you this information, it is safe.
Currently the most popular – natural product for acne for both teenagers and adults is Nonacne. It is available in the form of easy to swallow capsules. It is based exclusively on natural ingredients that are selected in such a way that it has a comprehensive effect on the causes of acne. In the composition of Nonacne are present, among others: strong extract of sarsaparilla and red horse. The latter has a strong anti-seborrhoea effect. Sarsaparilla is a plant with antibacterial properties. More about this product, including information about its full composition, can be found on the website of its manufacturer.
Benefits of choosing Nonacne:
- Beautiful skin without pimples
- Direct impact on all causes of acne
- Standardisation of tallow discharge
- Clean and healthy skin
- Proper skin hydration
- No more acne!
- Kucharska A, Szmurło A, Sińska B. Significance of diet in treated and untreated acne vulgaris. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2016;33(2):81–86. doi:10.5114/ada.2016.59146